The Colonial City – DR

The Colonial City is one of the most important tourist destinations in Santo Domingo and among the most visited in the Dominican Republic. The Colonial City is just the place where the history of the New World began. It is located on the eastern side of the mouth of the Ozama River. It was founded by Bartolomé Colón on August 5, 1496, and later transferred to the western side in 1502 by Nicolás de Ovando. It was also the first city to which the Spanish Crown granted the Royal Charter…

Read More